The People’s Stage will be showcasing rising talent & community organisations. The performers include:
Community Music Apprentice programme will be running the People’s Stage. The live sound apprenticeship programme teaches the fundamentals of sound engineering and what it takes to become a sound engineer.
- Generations: A presentation of a dancing family by FirstSteps School of Dance students.
- Tomorrow’s Warriors: a pioneering music education/professional development organisation working nationally and internationally with some of the most exciting, diverse, emerging and established jazz artists in the UK, with a special focus on those from the African diaspora and girls.
- Candy Dance Stars: A group of older people showcasing their dance moves to various genres of music including multicultural traditional dances. Their passion is to get everyone over 50 to exercise in the form of dance, creating a happy social sense of belonging in the community.
- Wise Thoughts:#MoversandShakers Indian folk dance for and by women over 50
- Alexandra Palace Summer Project in collaboration with Community Music: Rock Against Racism. We have worked with vocal, drum bass or guitar tutors and young people to perform a new piece of music inspired by the 1976 campaign. This piece has been created as a response to a rise in racial conflict and the growth of white nationalist groups such as the National Front.
- NMA are a young band from East London who have been playing together for 3 years. Aged between 16 and 18 they have merged ‘Old school’ RnB, soul and funk with modern Pop and Reggaeton.
- This Dystopia are an all female rock band from London. With influences from Rock, Pop and Punk they have a high energy sound.
- Mayday 74: a heavy Rock Band who are influenced by the Foo Fighters, Green Day and Megadeath. They will be playing acoustic renditions of their original material.
- Spoken Collective: Live Intimate platform to celebrate and perform spoken word and poetry.a Catalyst of free expression and liberation. Artists include: Lana V Symone, Haley Venus, Divine Justice and Samuel King.
- We Are The R.O.A.D. (Album Showcase) features 1 hour set of songs / tracks from the multi-genre, multilingual, acapella and instrumental audio album set to be released. Artist performing include Teriy Keys, Esq., ENG, Tenna, Yung E, A-Tizzy, Mr. Shemzy, Emmanuel Speaks, Reapz, SLM, ArA Harmonic and more…